More Design Issues with Soap: How to Handle Raw Meat and Dispense Cleanly?

0soappumps-001.jpg
I’ve always bought my soap pump bottles from a company I used to work for, because I remember doing the renderings and CAD drawings for the dispenser head. As ID’ers, we don’t get a lot of compensation or credit, so little, quiet ego boosts like this go a long way. But several years ago I started feeding my dogs raw meat, and because I was handling it so frequently, I realized the design of soap pump I’d worked on would no longer cut it.
When your hands are covered in raw meat juice that you’re trying to wash off, obviously you don’t want to touch the soap dispenser with them. I tried using my elbow in the beginning but it was unworkable. So I switched over to Simplehuman’s touchless Sensor Pump—but it’s turned out to be a pain in the ass.
0soappumps-002.jpg
The sensor gets triggered every time I turn the lights on in the kitchen, squirting soap onto the counter, so I have to leave a sponge under it to catch it. I’ve tried cleaning the sensor to no avail. I hate the amount of soap this thing wastes, and because it goes off so frequently I have to change the batteries out often.

0 Comment "More Design Issues with Soap: How to Handle Raw Meat and Dispense Cleanly?"

Post a Comment