Spicing Up Your Address: Floating House Numbers

0floatinghousenumbers-001.jpg
There’s a building around the corner from me that I always notice, because they’ve got these sexy little floating numbers on the front of it. They’re a bit more work to install than hanging a placard, but they sure look a damn sight better.
Although 185 there is the only guy in the neighborhood rocking these, I started poking around and found that floating house numbers are more common than I thought. Both Home Depot and Amazon sells this Hillman Group variant pretty inexpensively at six bucks per digit.
0floatinghousenumbers-002.jpg
On the more expensive (and garish) side, Luxello LED sells a back-lit variant that’s aluminum up front, acrylic in the back, for $57 per digit. And I imagine these are a pain in the ass as you’ve got to wire each numeral separately.
0floatinghousenumbers-003.jpg

0 Comment "Spicing Up Your Address: Floating House Numbers"

Post a Comment