Nuts and Bolts ID: How Much Design Can You Get Into a Garbage Can?

0brutevented.jpg
While this informercial below cracked me up…
…I can’t deny that I hate pulling the bags out of the large garbage can I keep in my studio. To conserve bags, I wait until they’re fully laden, and the suction effect seems to add 20 pounds to the already-heavy load.
I probably wouldn’t buy the “Can-Air" solution, partly because I hate the commercial, and partly because I assume one could easily build whatever their device is made out of. (Notice they’re careful not to mention what it actually is, which makes me think it’s a rebranded piece of something you find in a hardware store.) Meanwhile, a common hack is to drill holes in the bottom of your garbage can for airflow, but since people in the studio are fond of throwing full cups of coffee and sharp, broken plastic hangers in there, I’ll forgo that solution too.
There’s got to be a better way!

0 Comment "Nuts and Bolts ID: How Much Design Can You Get Into a Garbage Can?"

Post a Comment