There are few more awesome jobs than air-to-air photographer

There are few more awesome jobs than air-to-air photographer
Meet Sergeant Larry Reid Jr. official photographer to the United States Airforce Thunderbirds, an elite group of F-16 stunt pilots. In other words: total badasses. Reid spends much of his time up in the air with the Thunderbirds as they perform all manner of twists, turns and rolls, and he still manages to capture this amazing images.
The skill needed to be a talented photographer is compounded even further when in an F-16 when you consider that most of the time you can’t be sure which way is up or down! There are times when the g-force in a jet will make it impossible to raise your arms in front of your face, so how Sergeant Reid manages to hold a camera is beyond us!
In April, The Thunderbirds took civilian photographer Blair Bunting flying with them. We’re sure Bunting’s words will give you a better idea of what it’s like than we ever could.
‘Firstly, in no way is it comfortable, not even close. I began to feel my face melting away as the skin in my cheeks pulled down to my mouth. The color from my vision was the next thing to fade away, first the reds, then the greens.
‘Squeezing like hell, I did everything I could to get air into my lungs as the G-suit wrenched it out. With all the color of a 1950s television set, the next thing I noticed was that waves were starting to develop in my vision and a vignette appeared. All the while I am listening to the pilot’s breathing and trying my hardest to match it’.
We salute you Sergeant Reid. Keep snapping.

Thunderbirds photography


Thunderbirds photography


Thunderbirds photography


Thunderbirds photography

0 Comment "There are few more awesome jobs than air-to-air photographer"

Post a Comment